NIC EVENT INFORMATION
[ FOR JAPAN JAMBOREE ]
The For Japan Charity Event Series is hosting a yoga/bodywork and music event in Tsurumai Park. Come out and enjoy different yoga classes, a yoga performance, massage, and world music, with all proceeds going to the Red Cross fund for the victims of the March 11 Earthquake- Tsunami disaster in Tohoku.
- Yoga classes 500 yen, 10 minute massages 500 yen,
- Home-baked goods, all natural aroma goods for sale!
- music and yoga demonstration
- Free Entrance!
Enjoy a day in the park, doing something good for your body and for those still suffering after the Tsunami Disaster.
- When: Wednesday, November 23 (11:00 – 15:00) – National Holiday
- Where: Tsurumai Park Sogakudo
[ NAGOGA WALK 2011 ]
– Autumn Walk in Nagoya (Motoyama & Yagoto) –
Discover something old & something new
Join Nagoya International Center walking guide volunteers on a walk 3.5 km course from Motoyama to Yagoto Station. The tour is led by volunteers and interpreters in English, Portuguese, Spanish and Chinese are available.
Enjoy nice autumn weather and explore historic temples and shrines like Toganji, Saikoin, and Koshoji, This area also boasts some of the prestigious universities in Japan and the tour will drop by Nagoya University to learn about the Nobel-winning achievements by university alumni.
- When: Saturday, November 26 (09:00 – 12:00).
- Meet at: Motoyama Subway Station (Higashiyama / Meijo Line) Exit 6 (in front of the South ticket gate)
- Admission: 100 Yen for insurance (collected on the day). Plus 500 Yen to enter the garden at Koshoji (including tea)
- Places: 30 people (You can bring Japanese friends)
- Reservations: Call or e-mail us from Wednesday, October 26.
- Inquiry & Reservations: Nagoya International Center Tel 052-581-0100 (closed on Mondays).
- E-mail: email@example.com. Please write your name, nationality, cell phone number, and your preferred language (English, Portuguese, Spanish and Chinese are available).
[ THE RAGÚS SHOW ]
The Ragús Show returns to Japan after their sell-out 2009 tour. The Gaelic word Ragus (pronounced rah-goose) means ‘urge’ or ‘desire’. Ragus is a show of live, fast moving, traditional Irish music, song and dance. Evocative of times past, audiences feel the pulse of a rich and vibrant musical heritage and come away with a truly enjoyable and unique cultural experience. The essential Irish experience.
- When: Saturday, November 26 (from 17:00)
- Where: Aichi Prefectural Art Theater 愛知県芸術劇場大ホール
- Access: Located in Aichi Arts Center – next to Oasis 21 in Sakae.
- Tickets: 5,000 to 7,500 Yen. Available at via the P-code system at Circle K, Seven Eleven, Sunkus, and Ticket Pia (P 412-950), and Lawson (L 42668).
- Image: Courtesy of Chukyo Television
(NIC Event Information)