[ BULAN JUNI: KE MANA INGIN BERSANTAI DI AICHI? ]
CLOWN DREAM CIRCUS
Eight performers from Russia, the Ukraine and Belarus come to Little World to put on a fun and exciting family show featuring a clown comedy and thrilling high-flying aerial agility. Each performance lasts around 40 minutes and circus admission is included in the Little World admission fee.
- When: Until Sunday, June 24.
- Performances: Weekdays 11:30,14:00. Weekends & Holidays 11:00, 13:00, 15:00. No performances Tuesdays.
☆The Little World Museum of Man 野外民族博物館リトルワールド
Little World is an open-air ethnological museum with folk craftworks and buildings from all around the world. Visit each country area and its traditional buildings and authentic ethnic restaurants, and enjoy folk entertainments. English Website: www.littleworld.jp/english
- Admission: Adults 1600 Yen, seniors 1200 Yen, students 1000 Yen, ages 6 – 15 600 Yen, pre-schoolers 300 Yen, infants free.
- Open: Year round. March to November 09:30-17:00; closed July 9 – 13.
- Access: Take a Tohtestu Bus東濃鉄道高速バス direct to Little World from the Meitetsu Bus Center 名鉄バスセンター at Nagoya Station: buses depart at on weekdays at 09:35, 10:35, 11:35; weekends & holidays: 09:00, 10:00, 11:00.
- Return buses depart on weekends & holidays at 14:01, 15:01, 16:01, 17:01. Costs 850 Yen one way. Parking is 800 Yen; 1200 spaces available.
THE MENARD ART MUSEUM
The Menard Art Museum メナード美術館in Komaki City has a permanent collection featuring European paintings after Impressionism as well as Japanese style and Japanese-western style paintings from the Meiji Period. The collection includes works by Georges Rouault, Pablo Picasso, Marc Chagall, and other notable European artists.
Open: 10:00 – 17:00; closed Mondays Admission: 900 Yen, students 600 Yen, children ages 6 – 12 300 Yen Access: A 15 minute walk from (Meitetsu) Komaki Station 小牧 (see map). Komaki Station is connected to the Kamiiida Subway Line.
THE CIRCUS IS IN TOWN! – POP CIRCUS IN ICHINOMIYA
The circus is in town! Ichinomiya to be exact. Thirty internationally renowned performers from the Pop Circus thrill and amaze audiences of all ages in their illuminated big top. Star attractions include aerial ballet, flying trapeze, a dog show, Chinese acrobats, and lots of clowns. The show runs until July 1 and tickets start from 2500 Yen for adults, 1500 Yen for children.
- Weekdays: 11:00 – 12:50 & 14:30 – 16:20
- Weekends: 10:00 – 11:50, 13:00 – 14:50, 16:00 – 17:50
- No performance on Thursdays. Open until July 1.
- Where: Apita Kisogawa Store car park, Ichinomiya City.
- Access: A 10-15 minute walk from Meitetsu Kisogawa Station, or a 15-20 walkl from JR Kisogawa Station.
- Admission: adults 2500 Yen, children* 1500 Yen. 300 Yen discount if buy in advance using P-code 987-646 or L-code 48300. See How to guide.
- Other premium seats are also available on the circus website
- *Children under 3 do not need tickets and are for free as long as they watch on their parent’s lap.