JULY AGENDA: CHEERING IN THE HEAT
[ NIC INFORMATION ]
”JAPANESE COOKING EVENT – UDON”
Learn how to make udon with other Japanese and foreign residents.
- When: Saturday, July 14 (09:30 – 11:30)
- Where: Will Aichi (Aichi Women’s Center) 2F Cooking Studio
- Access: A 10 minute walk east from Shiyakusho Subway Station, exit 2
- Fee: Non-Japanese 1000 Yen, Japanese 2000 Yen. Reservations are required. To reserve your place and for more information contact the International Cross Culture Promotion Center at 080-1559-9744 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAGOYA PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
A special family concert for the Marine Day holiday with conductor Kentaro Kawase, featuring an introduction to instruments using the music of Bob Sakuma and “summer horror music” from Saint-Saëns’s Danse Macabre.
- When: Monday, July 16 (14:00 -)
- Where: Aichi Prefectural Art Theatre Concert Hall 愛知県芸術劇場コンサートホール
- Access: Connected at the basement level to Oasis 21 and Sakae Subway Station.
- Tickets: S-seat 3000 Yen, A-seat 2000 Yen, B-seat 1000 Yen. Children (elementary & JHS students) S-seat 1500 Yen. Tickets available with P-code 166-599 from Seven Eleven, Circle K, SunKus, and Ticket Pia.
”JAPANESE SUMMER SCHOOL FOR CHILDREN”
With the aim of providing the Japanese language skills necessary for school and daily life, NIC volunteers will host special summer vacation Japanese lessons for children. Available for school children aged between 6 and 15 whose mother tongue is not Japanese.
- When: Every Thursday & Sunday from July 26 to August 30 (10:00 – 11:30); no class on 8/12.
- Where: Nagoya International Center 3F
- How to Join: Applications will be accepted on Sunday, July 22 (12:00 – 12:30) in person at the Nagoya International Center; a parent / guardian should also attend. Application forms are available from the 3F pamphlet boxes or from the NIC website.
- Participation Fee: 1000 Yen covers all 10 classes. Places: Maximum 40 places.
- Inquiries: NIC Exchange & Cooperation Division 052-581-5689 (Tue to Sun 09:00 – 17:00) or e-mail email@example.com
”TAKE PART IN THE NAGOYA UNDOUKAI”
Last year over 500 people from 17 countries attended the Nagoya Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s annual sports recreation day. Join this year’s event on Sunday, September 2 (10:00 to 15:00) in the Moricoro Park Gymnasium in Moricoro Park, Nagakute City as an individual, family, group of friends, school, or company!
Participation is free, but pre-registration is required. On the day, announcements are made in Japanese, English, Chinese, and Portuguese – so there no need to worry!
The application period is from July 1 to July 31 and places are limited to the first 500 applicants. To request an application form call the NCCI at 052-223-5709 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also download one www.nagoyaundoukai.com.